June 24, 10:30 - 12:00 CEST
Hybrid - Room S6 & OnlineCONNECT ONLINE
Women as Agents or Victims in Conflict and UN Peace Operations
- Gender Equality
- Peace and Security
- Peacekeeping and Peacebuilding
"Motherhood for the Green and Blue Berets. Reflections from Uganda's Female Peacekeepers"
- Jacqueline NakaizaMakerere University (Uganda)Virtual
- Zaid SekitoMakerere University (Uganda)
- Charlotte Karungi MafumboMakerere University (Uganda)
"Analysis of assumptions of UN policies on sexual exploitation and abuse"
- Ai Kihara-HuntUniversity of Tokyo (Japan)Virtual
"Strategy for Smart Peacekeeping: Deploying Women and Promoting Diversity"
- Mohammad YasinJawaharlal Nehru University (India)Virtual
"Norm spoiling and the pushback against women's rights in Brazilian Foreign Policy"
- Paula DrumondPontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)In-person
- Tamya RebeloEscola Superior de Propaganda e Marketing (Brazil)
"The rise and decline of Brazil's LGBT activism at the UN (2002-2022)"
- Danilo MarcondesBrazilian War College (Brazil)In-person
- Gabriel AmvaneOFPRA (France)In-person
- Yvan Yenda IlungaCentral State University (United States)
- John CollinsThe Global Initiative against Transnational Organized Crime (Switzerland)In-person